Most popular sweet dish in India especially in North India, actually it doesn’t require any occasion.
Peoples of every age like this dish .In any festival the first dish which comes into the mind is this one.So, I just want to share the simplest, easy and quick procedure to prepare this dish.
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
Outer cover of Gujiya requires
- · Maida – 500 gm/4cup
- · Salt-as per taste
- · Baking soda- ½ tsp
- · Ghee – 125 gm / 2/3cup
1)Mix Maida+salt+Baking soda+Ghee properly with two hands.
2)Start kneading with the help of warm water to make a dough
3)Keep dough for a hour
Ingredients for filling of Gujiya:
· Mawa- 400 gm/2 cup
· Suji- 1cup
· Ghee – 2 tbsp
· Sugar – 2 cup
· Kaju – 1cup/break into to small pices
· Kismis- ½ cup
· Cardamom/small green ilaichi- 7-8
· Dried coconut-crush it properly about 1cup
1)Fry mawa in a 2tbsp of ghee upto brown
2)Fry suji in a 2tbsp of ghee for few minutes
3)Mix Mawa+Suji+Coconut+Kaju+Kismis+Sugar+Cardamom powder together
4)Filling is ready for Gujiya
1) Take Dough after a hour make small puries out of it
2) Put around 1tbsp of filling into every single puries
3) Apply some water all around the circumference of puri with the help of one finger
4) Close one flap of puri over other flap this can also be done with the help of gujiya maker machine
5) But it can be closed with the help of hand also to seal it properly by making some beautiful patterns
6) Fill oil in a kadai upto half and put gujiyas into it
7) Keep the flame at medium
8) Take out after light brown and drain them in a paper towel
9) Store them in a airtight container after cooling
Please vote for this Recipe
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.