Preparation Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10min
Recipe type:Vegetarian Recipe
For The Vegetable Balls
- 3 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 1/4 cups carrot , grated
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 5 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 3 to 4 clove of garlic (lehsun) , finely chopped
- 1 slit green chilli , finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper powderto taste
- oil for deep-frying
For The Sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic (lehsun) , finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 cup clear vegetable stock or water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 cup of water
- 2 pinches of sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
For the vegetable balls
1.Combine the cabbage, carrots, onions, cornflour, plain flour, garlic, green chili, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
2.Shape spoonfuls of the mixture into small balls. If you find it difficult to form balls, sprinkle a little water to bind the mixture.
3.Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
For the sauce
1.Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan on a high flame. Add the garlic, green chilies and ginger and stir fry over a high flame for a few seconds.
2.Add the stock, soya sauce, cornflour paste, sugar and salt and simmer for a few minutes.
3.Just before serving, put the vegetable balls in the sauce and bring to a boil.
Please vote for this Recipe
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.