89 total views
Shalgam (Turnip) Kebabs
In the north of England and Scotland, the turnip is called neep; the word turnip itself is an old compound of neep. Neep often also refers to the larger, yellow rutabaga root vegetable which is also known as the “swede”.
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Turnips(Shalgam), quartered 2
- · Haldi 1tsp
- Red chilli powder 1tsp
- Coriander powder 1tsp
- Cumin powder 1tsp
- Chaat Masala 1-1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala 1tsp
- Oil to shallow fry 3-4tbsp
- · Onions 2, sliced fine
- · Roasted gram lentils/Besan-1 big bowl
- · Salt to taste
- Fry sliced onions in 1 tablespoon oil till golden brown and crisp.
- Grind coarsely.
- Boil turnips in water/give a 3-4 whistle in a cooker
- When cooked discard the water,Mash turnips finely.
5. Add salt, red chillies, all-spice, gram masala powder,chaat masala,ground onions and besan.
6.Mix and knead well. Divide mixture into small equal parts
7. Deep fry on a griddle pan till golden brown.
8. Serve hot with chutney or Sauce