78 total views
Cook Time: 45 min
Shrimp Fried Rice
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10min
Recipe type:Non- Vegetarian Recipe/Seafood
- · 8 ounces small raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- · 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- · freshly ground black pepper
- · 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- · 2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- · 3 eggs, beaten
- · 2 onion, chopped
- · 4 cups leftover rice or already cooked, grains separated well
- · 3/4 cup peas and carrots, boiled& mashed
- · 1 tsp coriander powder
- · 1 tsp cumin powder
- · 1tsp red mirchi powder
- 1tsp ginger & garlic paste
- 1Tbsp chopped green chillies
- · ½ tsp haldi powder
- · 1tsp garam masala
- · Bay leaves/tej patta 2
- · 1 bowl of chopped coriander leaves
- · Salt as per taste
1. In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the salt, pepper and cornstarch. Let marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature. Heat a wok or large sauté pan on high heat. When the pan is hot enough for a bead of water to instantly sizzle and evaporate, add just 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil and swirl to coat pan.
2 Add the shrimp, quickly spreading out around the cooking surface area so that they are not overlapping. Let fry, untouched for 30 seconds. Flip over and let the other side fry for 30 seconds, or until about 80% cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan onto a plate, leaving as much oil in the pan as possible.
3 Turn the heat to medium, let the pan heat up again. Add the eggs, stirring in a quick motion to break up and scramble the eggs. When the eggs are almost cooked through (they should still be slightly runny in the middle), dish out of the pan into the same plate as the cooked shrimp.
4 Use paper towels to wipe the same wok or sauté pan clean and return to high heat with the remaining 2 tablespoon of cooking oil. When the oil is very hot, add the onions and fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add all spices,left over or already cooked rice and stir well to mix them properly. Spread the rice all around the wok surface area and let the rice heat up, untouched until you hear the bottoms of the grains sizzle, about 1-2 minutes. Use the spatula to toss the rice, again spreading the rice out over the surface of wok.
5 Add the peas and carrots, the cooked eggs, shrimp, tossing to mix the rice evenly with all of the ingredients. Let everything heat back up again, until the rice grains are so hot they practically dance! Taste and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.