203 total views
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr
Recipe type: Vegetarian Recipe
- Wax gourd : 8-10 no.
- Poppy Seeds Paste-8 tbsp
- Green Chillies-5to6
- Salt- as per taste
- Sugar-1 tsp
- Turmeric -1/2 tsp
- Mustard Oil/Refined Oil-2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds or Panch Phoro- 1tsp
- Peel the wax gourd and cut lengthwise.
- Make a smooth paste with two green chillies and poppy seeds(keep it for around 6-7 hours in bowl full of water than filter it out)
- Heat the oil,When the oil is hot add a pinch of Cumin seeds or Panch Phoro and four green chillies, slit. Stir a bit.
- Now saute the wax gourd pieces well in the oil and add salt, sugar and turmeric while stirring.
- Then add the poppy seed paste and mix well.
- Add a dash of water and put a lid, reduce the flame and cook on low flame till the wax gourd pieces are absolutely soft and water has dried up fully.Serve hot with rice,roti,paratha or Tortilla’s.