Preparation Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr
Recipe type: Vegetarian Recipe
- Wax gourd : 8-10 no.
- Poppy Seeds Paste-8 tbsp
- Green Chillies-5to6
- Salt- as per taste
- Sugar-1 tsp
- Turmeric -1/2 tsp
- Mustard Oil/Refined Oil-2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds or Panch Phoro- 1tsp
- Peel the wax gourd and cut lengthwise.
- Make a smooth paste with two green chillies and poppy seeds(keep it for around 6-7 hours in bowl full of water than filter it out)
- Heat the oil,When the oil is hot add a pinch of Cumin seeds or Panch Phoro and four green chillies, slit. Stir a bit.
- Now saute the wax gourd pieces well in the oil and add salt, sugar and turmeric while stirring.
- Then add the poppy seed paste and mix well.
- Add a dash of water and put a lid, reduce the flame and cook on low flame till the wax gourd pieces are absolutely soft and water has dried up fully.Serve hot with rice,roti,paratha or Tortilla’s.
Please vote for this Recipe
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.