Happy Independence day
Sooji Ka Halwa
On the eve of Independence Day,here wishing Happy Independence day to all Indians
I have tried to prepare halwa in the form of India’s Flag:
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time:20 min
- 1/2 cup sooji (rava, semolina flour)
- 1/4 cup ghee (clear butter)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2cup water
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- Edible colors-orange,green & red(pinch)
- Boil the water with sugar, and cardamom powder in a pan over low medium heat. Bring to a boil and Set aside.(add pinch of color this time)
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add sooji and roast to golden brown color; stirring constantly this will take about 5 to 8 minutes. Sooji will be golden brown in color and will have a light sweet aroma.
- Add the syrup slowly, as you add the syrup to sooji water will splatter.
- Turn down the heat to medium low and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Sooji will absorb the water, as the Halwa cools so keep Halwa a little more softer then you want.
- Follow this process with 3 times with 3 different colors and serve hot in a plate in the form of flag with cloves in the centre for making chakra.
Please vote for this Recipe
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.