Besan Ke Ladoo
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr
- 1 -1/2 cups gram flour
- 2 tablespoons semolina flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoons coarsely grounded cardamom seeds
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoons sliced pistachios (pista)
- ***Indian spice:Glossary of cooking
- Put the besan (gram flour), sooji, and melted butter in a large frying pan and mix.
- Turn the stove on to medium heat and begin to roast the besan mixture until besan becomes light golden brown in color. Stir the mixture continuously with a spatula to prevent burning.
- When the color has changed you will also start to smell the sweetness of roasted besan. This should take about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the besan cool to a warm temperature. don’t let it become to room temperature.
- While the mixture is warm add and mix cardamom seeds, almonds, and sugar.
- To make the ladoos, take about 2 tablespoons of warm besan mixture into your palm. Gently press the mixture between your palms to form a smooth, round ball. The ladoos are usually about the size of a tennis ball.
- Put ladoos back on the plate with the pistachio on the top.
Please vote for this Recipe
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.