This simple and easy spinach dal is healthy, wholesome and packed with protein and fiber.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hr
- 2 cups chopped palak(spinach)
- 1/2 cup arhar dal
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1Onion chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 1tsp garlic paste
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp green chillies
- 1/4 tsp haldi(turmeric)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
For the tempering
- 3 bayleaves(tej patta)
- 3 whole red chillies
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds(or panch phoran)
- a pinch of hing
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Indian spices:Glossary of cooking
- Clean, wash and soak the arhar dal for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the soaked arhar dal, green chillies, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Add the bay leaves, red chillies, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, Add chopped onion,tomato,ginger,garlic,turmeric powder,coriander powder,chilli powder , cook for few minutes and chopped spinach to it.
- Add already cooked into above tadka,let it simmer for few minute.Granish with chopped coriander(optional)
- Serve hot.
Please vote for this Recipe
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.