Beetroot Vada is a deep fried, mild sweetish South Indian fritter.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr
- Beetroot finely grated – 2 cup
- Chana dal – 1 cup
- Toor dal – ¼ cup
- Rice flour- 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 1 or 2
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- **Indian spices: Glossary of Cooking
- Wash and soak the dhal for 1 hr.
- Drain water completely.
- Grind in a blender with fennel seeds, salt and green chilly.
- Grate beetroot in a grater to very fine pieces.
- Mix everything in a bowl.
- Make it into a small patty.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Drop the patty in hot oil and deep fry to reddish brown.
- Serve it hot.
Please vote for this Recipe
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.