NYC Prices page
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr
- 2 apples peeled and sliced them in thin rings
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Oil to fry
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon blenched and sliced pistachios
- ***Indian spice glossary: Cooking Glossary
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in ¼ cup warm water, and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour and oil together.
- Add the yeast solution to the flour and mix. Make a smooth batter. Add water as needed. Consistency should be like pancake mix.
- Set the batter aside and let it sit in a warm place for half hour.
- Make sure the batter is fermented, but do not over ferment. After fermenting batter will be little lacy.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan about 1 inch deep.
- Dip the apple slices into the batter one at a time, making sure the slice is covered with the batter. Then, slowly drop the slices into the frying pan.
- The jalebi will take about 4 to 5 minutes to cook.
- Turn them occasionally. Fry the jalebi until both sides are golden-brown.
- Transfer them into the warm syrup.
- Let jalebi soak in the hot syrup for a few seconds.Than take them out and Garnish with sliced pistachios.
- Serve hot.
Please vote for this Recipe
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.