Prep time: 2 minutes
Total time :10 min
- ½ cup moist paneer / Indian cottage cheese
- 2 ½ tbsp. Powdered sugar
- Pinch of cardamom powder or rose water
- Garnishing as desired
- Pista or almonds
- Boil 3 cups of full fat milk.
- Add few drops of lemon juice diluted with water to the milk. Stir well. When you see the milk begins to curdle, switch off the heat. Make sure it is curdled well. Allow to settle just for a minute.
- Place a muslin cloth on a bowl. Drain off the paneer. Rinse the paneer under running water.
- Squeeze off the excess water from paneer. Make a knot of the cloth, hang it for sometime to drain up excess dripping whey.
- Add moist paneer, sugar (powdered) and rose water or cardamom powder to a nonstick pan, begin to heat on a low flame
- Sugar melts and becomes gooey, continue to cook on a low flame till it reaches a thick consistency. It also begins to leave the sides and looks crumbly
- When it cools down. knead lightly.
- Roll them to balls and flatten a bit. Garnish in the center. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.
- Tuck in Nuts or few strands of Kesar for a traditional look.
Please vote for this Recipe
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.