Moon dal chila is the healthy pancake with just a few ingredients.This moong dal cheela is a healthy, nutritious and tasty chilla made with moong lentils.Just like Dosa in South India, Chilla is an absolute favourite Breakfast recipe in North India.
- yellow moong dal-1 bowl
- 1/2 cup yoghurt whisked
- 1 cup spinach finely chopped
- 1 onion medium size, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ginger-green chili paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- First wash and soak the moong dal for 4 to 5 hours/overnight
- Next day Grind it to fine paste, with very little water
- In a moong dal paste add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Add little water and adjust the consistency to a creamy thick thats coats the back of the spoon.
- Once the batter is ready, heat pan and spray it with oil.
- Then, pour a ladle full or two of batter depending upon the size of the moong dal cheela you want to make. Let it cook well until the base gets light golden brown color and the top of cheela gets dried.
- Now, drizzle oil on the top, flip it and cook on another side until done. Serve them hot immediately with any chutney of your choice.